I Love BLOggiNg....



Catch me if U can!!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

SOLO MusiKa BAsta Eraserheads aNd Bida !

I want to talk about this;

I was in First year highschool when I first went watching band cocerts actually I was really a ig fan of rivermaya. Just imagine being the first one to enter the Gym, frontseat, with my dad haha.. thats how obsessed I really get sometimes. Yeah I was so young at that time, the hell!! man do i love music, anyway after Rivermaya's concert I then watched Eraserheads' concert here in Baguio I guess that was the second time pa lang na nagconcert sila dito. I gotta tell you It was really the bomb!.

I really miss that band and I'm quite not sure whether a reunion wouLd really happen, well there was a reunion that happened before unfortunately Ely did not show up because he has to go to the doctor,

Everyonme was there including the new singer that was just introduced before the reunion Kris Gorra Dancel. Anyway here are the reponses of each member when they were interviewed. But first!, " a glimpse ":

Eraserhead was derived from the movie eraserhead..

All the band members are from Up dilimaN..

The Eraserheads are one the best-selling musical acts of all time in the Philippines, paving way for an international career that earned them the "Moon Man" in the MTV Video Music Awards. (haha! I watched that before)
The band released more than several different singles, albums, and EPs that reached number one. This commercial success was most evident in the release of their third album Cutterpillow, which achieved platinum status several times.

For the diehard E-heads fan, the news of the bands' break-up was so tragic that there was a significant sense of loss. With all due respect to the fans, it really was such a huge and sad thing. The music of the Eraserheads is so classic in the sense that it reminds us of carefree high school days and of tambayan songs that weren't corny. For now we have Parokya.. I like them but still I wouLd say E-heads is far more the best.


The Reason for the Break Up:

Maybe too much fun. As Raimund Marasigan confessed, "For the past few years, the past few albums—nag-cru-cruising lang kami. Wait for the shows. We rehearse twice a year."


Buddy agreed, "Familiarity breeds contempt. Ano kasi eh, complacency rin…It's bound to happen, we've been doing it for 12 years. So you get used to things...All of a sudden, something happens totally unexpected…ako, di ko na-expect…Shocked ako—what's happening, diba?"


The guys wanted it clear though that "There was no big production when Ely left. Walang sigawan…walang confrontations."

Marcus Adoro summed it up best when he pointed out, "Yung attitude ng banda, sabi ng mga matatanda na, selfish naman kung hanggang matanda na kayo, ganun pa rin."


Influential singer-songwriter Ely Buendia expressed mixed feelings about tributes recently being given to his former band Eraserheads, citing such events as premature especially that he is still active as a recording artist. This he told the Manila Bulletin during a pocket interview to promote his new band Pupil’s debut album.

ELy: "It’s too early to be taking part in it and I don’t see myself being part of it kasi I’m still doing something here," said the 35-year-old hit-maker when asked to react how come he did not attend the reunion concert (featuring current local acts paying tribute to his former group) staged for Eraserheads recently. He even assessed, "To be part of it is like acknowledging na tapos na ako; isa na lang akong trophy na itatago na. Siguro kung uugud-ugud na ako, that’s the time I’m gonna look back." (how sad right.. damn sana naman wag I dont want to headbang na matanda na ko.. wala lang I can seee my self kasi na sobrang ma eexcite pag nag reunion silang lahat)


Budddy - a reunion was not outside the realm of impossibility there wouldbe a time for it, and now was definitely not the time ( oh how i wish that it wont take Long.. Incase they would ever think of putting back the pieces or incase they would ever think of picking up where they left off.. the world would be a better place.. It's just that all their songs where so good a lot where really able to relate to it)


SOLO MusiKa BAsta Eraserheads aNd Bida !


Anyway yesterday I went to school.Bir Is OffLine damn .. my uncles probably mad now me not paying him yet. I'll be working on it don't worry. i dont want want to tak Crim 3 I might fail that subject. I have to take up COnsti 2 first. I don't want to be a block section. I just dont like it. okay well I realized that I would only be able to get like 15 units.. and I would really be having troubles catching up. I guess I really have to admit that ... it's stress time again.. Oh my gosh .. Im feling it again ..


can i just shake my head and walk and walk away? - eheads hangover

No comments: